Fire Fighter Certifications
Requests for the written and/or manipulative skills exams need to be submitted to Emergency Service Training at least 30 days prior to the requested exam date. In addition to the the Certification Exam Request, each individual testing must furnish a Certification Application with the test request. A Local Verification form is also required for Fire Fighter I, Fire Fighter II, and Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator - Pumper.
NOTE: All tests are scheduled through Emergency Services Training. You must register with EST before you are eligible to attend a testing session. No walk-ins are allowed. If a sufficient number of candidates is not met within two (2) weeks of the test date, the test will be canceled. Registration for testing events closes two (2) weeks prior to the scheduled testing date. This allows for producing test materials, rosters, and shipping of test materials to the test site.
Certification Exam Request
- Certification Exam Request - Updated 11/22/2017
- Hazardous Materials Awareness - Updated 1/24/2018
- Hazardous Materials Operations - updated 1/24/2018
- Fire Fighter I - this application is 3 pages and includes a local verification and live fire form. Updated 1/24/2018
- Fire Fighter II - this application is 3 pages and includes a local verification form. Updated 1/24/2018
- Driver/Operator - Pumper - this application is 3 pages and includes 2 local verification forms. Updated 8/3/2018
- Fire Instructor I - Updated 1/24/2018
- Fire Officer I - Updated 1/24/2018
- Fire Officer II - Updated 1/24/2018
- Accommodation Form - Updated 1/24/2018
- Hazardous Materials Awareness NFPA 1072 - Use these sheets if you are utilizing Jones and Bartlett 3rd edition textbooks and started your class after January 1st, 2019.
- Hazardous Materials Operations NFPA 1072 - Use these sheets if you are utilizing Jones and Bartlett 3rd edition textbooks and started your class after January 1st, 2019.
- NFPA 1072 Hazardous Materials Operations practice sheets - These do not include the description sheets, only use to practice the steps.
- Hazardous Materials Operations (old) NFPA 472 - The last date for exams utilizing these skill sheets is March 31st, 2019.
- New Firefighter I practice sheets - These do not include the description sheets, only use to practice the steps.
- New Firefighter I skill sheets. - All classes starting after January 1st, 2019 will use these skill sheets.
- Fire Fighter I - All ongoing courses started before December 31st, 2018 may use these sheets or the new ones.
- Fire Fighter II
- Driver/Operator - Pumper, 2014 ed. - Word doc
- Driver/Operator - Pumper, 2014 ed. - PDF
- Fire Instructor I
- Fire Officer 1 portfolio - Word doc
- Fire Officer 1 portfolio - PDF file
- Fire Officer 2 Portfolio - Word doc
- Fire Officer 2 Portfolio - PDF
Talk To Us
Dean Ellis, Training Coordinator
Scot McGuire, Testing Coordinator
Nikki Berntsen, Technical Records Specialist I
Penny Rainey, Office Specialist II
Fire Service Technology
College of Eastern Idaho
Alex D. Creek Building
1600 South 25th East
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
Phone: (208) 535-5441
Toll Free: (800) 662-0261
FAX: (208) 523-1815